Monday, March 10, 2008

Climbing Demons!

This week I did my usual spin on monday in front of a film, I managed a few laps with my mentee around fiesta island on Wednesday, then we had spin class on Thursday with Phil. Its always a lot easier spinning with other people, and it was extra fun as the whole team was together.

I couldn't believe how much difference a week could make in the weather! Instead of grey drizzle we were treated to blue skies and golden sunshine, it was even a bit too hot at times. We started from Mission Bay straight up Mount Soledad. Start as you mean to go on, I guess! We then made our way over to Ranch Santa Fe and did all kinds of loops and hills around there, we stopped off at this beautiful but deserted park for a quick bathroom break, then more hills.
Next was up torrey pines, followed by our last climb of the day up Soledad again. We made our way up past some unbelievable homes, a hearst castle wannabe, a japanese mansion. And of course stunning views!


We then made our way back to the car and realised that we'd managed over 4700 ft of climbing in only 55 miles! Way to go ACE team! That was a big step up from 65 miles and 2700 ft of climbing! I was in awe of everyone, we all did great. I think this is going to be a wonderful season!

No comments: